Monday, May 3, 2010

65 hours + no sleep = BAD IDEA

So here it is...the typical time management speech. We all know that managing your time wisely really helps keep the stress level down, but truthfully how many of us actually do? I'm going to keep this pretty short as the title of this post is pretty clear. I wish I could say I learned this time management lesson the first time, but this is not the case. The moral of the story is leaving three final term papers (all of which were due within 48 hours of each other) until the very last possible moment to start writing is not a healthy choice and can result in absurd behaviour like going without sleep for 65 hours. Let me tell you...your mind starts doing funny things when you've been without sleep for this long :) Unfortunately it took me until fourth year to really understand how good time management makes your life (and I have to assume the lives of those around you) a lot more enjoyable!!

Anyways...I say all that to say be kind to yourself...sometimes we self inflict the school stress upon ourselves by wasting precious time away and not being diligent with our time. Maybe I am the only one who has had this problem but then I remember my all-nighter buddies and know this isn't so.

Yours Nursingly,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment